Professing * Reflecting

Monday, February 08, 2010

This week's wardrobe inspired by rage

I am enraged about most things most of the time these days. Enraged. I am not at all comfortable with rage. Sure, I am happy to rage against the hegemonic machine on a daily basis and to recruit others to do the same. But rage against circumstances in my life that I cannot control--illness, loss, separation, watching people I love suffer and others disappear entirely--this rage is unbearable and I do not know what to do with it.

So what do I do? Mostly I withdraw.  Also, though, I comfort those I can when I can. I teach. I do my work. I listen to a lot of music.  I think about falling in love, being in love. I think about being in Paris.  I look at pretty pictures and I play dress-up.

For you, a song I listen to every day these days and some lovely pictures of people I am trying to look like these days.









Labels: ,

|

1 Comments:

Anonymous Yvonne E. Gray said...

I love winter collections but fall is my favorite. I love the fashionable dresses and coat . It's so amazing . The dresses here are so fashionable and stylish. I really like the winter dresses like this. Really good collection of fall fashion accessories...

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home